I am a miracle made up of particles and in this existence I'll stay persistent and I'll make a difference and I will have lived it - Medicine for the People

iChase the Cure Update

Monday, April 15, 2013

I've been crazy busy today working from home (because of the Marathon, wooo!) but I wanted to post a little note about the race on Saturday! It turned out to be a beautiful day for a run - about 50+ degrees and sunny. I have the worst time getting up before 1 on the weekends but luckily the Esplanade is about 15 minutes from my house so I didn't have to wake up too early. It was lovely to see how many people showed up for the event, a few hundred I would say, and also to think about how many others contributed by donating their time or money to the cause (according to @ichasethecure on twitter, donations were still rolling in after the race had finished!).
I met up with my friends Francis and Allie and Allie's boyfriend Jordan and we ended up running the whole course in a little over 30 minutes. The poor boys (who are much more used to running) had to slow down to keep pace with Allie and I who were the slowpokes of the group. After the race there was Raising Cane's (a sponsor for the event and a personal favorite of Francis's. Ok also a personal favorite of mine, come on now) and lots of other post-race goodies including cool purple t-shirts!
Overall it was a great event that I was really excited to be a part of and am hoping to run next year if I end up sticking around Boston.
Most importantly, I just wanted to send out a special thanks to those of you who donated via my fundraising page, you are wonderful people and I appreciated the support so much!

iChase the Cure 5K
awesome race shirt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment