I am a miracle made up of particles and in this existence I'll stay persistent and I'll make a difference and I will have lived it - Medicine for the People

I Got Invited to Interview at Rush Med!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I'm actually beside myself with excitement right now so this will be a very short post but I'm so happy to let you all know I got my first interview invite! I received an email from Rush Medical College today inviting me for an on-campus interview and immediately screamed so loud I scared everyone in the house. I'm thrilled that my first interview will be at Rush, one of my top schools for many reasons, most notably their dedication to community service and the fact that they're in Chicago (I wouldn't have to move!). I can't wait for October (interview month) and will definitely post about the experience! Thanks to everyone for their wonderful support. It's nice to know I have so many people rooting for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Chantal,

I discovered your blog after stumbling upon the Accepted blog. I'm also applying this cycle as a bit of a non-traditional applicant from a school with grade deflation and have enjoyed all of your posts! I appreciate your honesty and enjoyed your comment about intellectual curiosity as a common thread between journalism and science. Rush is one of my top schools as well; congrats on getting an interview there! Three cheers for holistic review. Best of luck in the process :)

- A fellow med school hopeful

Unknown said...

Thank you Kristen! Good luck to you as well.

Post a Comment