I am a miracle made up of particles and in this existence I'll stay persistent and I'll make a difference and I will have lived it - Medicine for the People

Computerized Physician Order Entry & Healthcare

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

CPOE

Here is a fantastic link to a brief, concise explanation by +Margaret Rouse  of CPOE and why it is important to our healthcare system in terms of reducing errors and saving massive amounts on healthcare costs. There is also a link within the text to an article on HITECH - the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act which was created by President Obama to encourage widespread implementation of EHRs by healthcare providers.
Both of these topics are extremely relevant not only to what I do at work every day but to every one of us who has ever stepped foot into a doctor's office, emergency room, or medical clinic. We all stand to benefit when the ultimate goal is to deliver a better, more cost-efficient system of healthcare across America. As a (hopeful) future doctor, I think it's exciting to be making a contribution to this kind of research! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment