I am a miracle made up of particles and in this existence I'll stay persistent and I'll make a difference and I will have lived it - Medicine for the People

CERT in the news

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today I was alerted to a fair bit of news - my project is being highlighted by ChainOnline - a Clinician-Consumer Health Advisory Information Network (presented by the Centers for Education and Research on Therapeutics). When I read the following paragraph I got so excited because this is me! I'm one of the "CERT researchers" evaluating the alerts, working with providers and rating EMR systems.
“It’s been shown that even if you deliver an important safety warning, doctors often ignore it, partly because the sheer number of alerts can be overwhelming, and partly because many of them are not really relevant,” says Bates. To address these issues, the CERT researchers are evaluating the appropriateness of overriding alerts and working with providers to understand the reasons and patterns behind high override rates. They also are evaluating several of the major commercial EMR systems and rating them according to their effectiveness at delivering relevant warnings, all in the hope of making those systems safer. (my italics)
It's nice to read about how what I'm working on is already making a meaningful difference.
Here is a link to the article (first in a series on CERT) and here is a collection of links to CERT in news elsewhere! Check it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment