I am a miracle made up of particles and in this existence I'll stay persistent and I'll make a difference and I will have lived it - Medicine for the People

Quotes About Perseverance

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

OK I know this is kind of sappy and whatever but I was googling a quote to find the author and came across this Goodreads collection of quotes about perseverance and a few of them really resonated with me. This one in particular:

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” 

It perfectly describes how I feel about the field of medicine and made me glad that I haven't (so far) let that brick wall stop me. It sounds silly but when I'm feeling discouraged, words of wisdom like this can really help so maybe next time you're feeling down look up a few of your own favorite quotes and you might feel better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment